Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Add to Calendar Function

kvanczd
Explorer C

About 3-4 months ago, consistent a recent website redesign, SW no longer offers the option to specify the calendar type that you want your reservation added to.  I used to be able to add this directly to my Outlook (office 365 online) calendar on my mac;  now there is only one add function and it appears to only add to my gmail or icalendar, which are not my primary work calendar.  So, I have to subscribe to my gmail calendar and merge the two calendars in outlook to at least see the flight info.  However, for anyone who I have given access to my outlook calendar, (my wife, work colleagues, etc.) they cannot see these fight reservations.  Very frustrating all around.

I have called SW offices now twice in the past few months to complain about this change.  But have received no response regarding a solution I don't know about or timeframe for resolution.

Given SW claims to cater to the cost conscious business traveler, this would seem like an urgent issue for them to address.  But this has been going on for a while now with no apparent resolution.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM with an outlook calendar on office 365 or using a mac?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Add to Calendar Function

chgoflyer
Aviator A

When I add an itinerary to my calendar on my desktop mac, the Southwest website creates an ics file and saves it to my desktop, which adds it to my Apple calendar automatically. You can change what app is associated with an ics file (see below) to Outlook, and it should automatically save it there. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.08.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.13.13 PM.png

Re: Add to Calendar Function

kvanczd
Explorer C

Thank you for the suggestions.  It's almost working.   I am using the Outlook calendar in Office 365 (outlook.office.com).   I also have Outlook For Mac loaded on my mac (which I rarely use).   I use Chrome as my browser.

I went and changed the settings as suggested in the Apple Calendar app, although they look slightly different than below. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 4.36.03 PM.png

However, there is no selection other than Microsoft Outlook in the default calendar app listing.  (no Office 365, office.com. etc.) And in the default calendar setting, it appears the most appropriate setting is selected calendar. So the Outlook for Mac calendar is now being populated automatially, but not the Outlook calendar in Office 365  (outlook.office.com)  

On the accounts tab, I am able to select my exchange calendar as noted below.  

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 4.36.17 PM.png

Any ideas what to change in order to get my outlook.office.com calendar populated with my SW flights?     Thanks!

Dave