Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Baggage Smelling like sewage

TeraRandll
Explorer C

I filed a claim with you all and I am not happy about the results. I had several garments of clothing and my luggage damaged causing me to replace things on my vacation and you all can not do anything about it!!! I am very unhappy about this and should not be held liable for the fact that my belongings smell as if they were rolled around in a bowl of garbage with **bleep** in it... If these were your belongs that had no choice but to be replaced I'm sure the feeling would be mutual!!!!!!!!!  My case was closed today and I am pissed!!!  My flight and everything else was fine but the fact that I pulled my luggage off smelling of this stench and you all closed my case I am HIGHLY pissed!!! Not only that... I had to buy clothes while on vacation for my children and I, which I had already bought, but because all of our belongings smelling so bad I had no choice and there is NOTHING you all can do... I am not a happy customer!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Baggage Smelling like sewage

chgoflyer
Aviator A

That does not sound pleasant.

Just so you're aware, this forum isn't a customer service channel. While your post will help make other's aware that things like this can happen, it won't generate a reply from Southwest.

Once your baggage claim case is closed, it's unlikely you'll receive any further consideration.

My recommendation would be to send a (short, polite, firm) letter to Southwest requesting your claim be reevaluated for compensation.

You might also want to consider filing a US DOT Consumer Complaint.