Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Batteries

KAGrayson
Explorer C

Please  tell me it aint so....Do I really  have to leave my noise-cancelling-earphones at home because only an authorized service dealer can remove the Lithium batteries?  I'm challenged with being able to control ambient sound (sensory processing disorder).  Received as gift to manage an upcoming trip that has me taking 7 individual flights (including connections) within 15 days!  Need some relief from the airline noise!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Batteries

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@KAGrayson wrote:

Please  tell me it aint so....Do I really  have to leave my noise-cancelling-earphones at home because only an authorized service dealer can remove the Lithium batteries?  I'm challenged with being able to control ambient sound (sensory processing disorder).  Received as gift to manage an upcoming trip that has me taking 7 individual flights (including connections) within 15 days!  Need some relief from the airline noise!!

You can probably carry them on, but not check them. The major issue is with batteries that are loose in checked luggage that could discharge.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/passenger_info/med...

It sounds like these are integral to the headphones so they meet the "not loose" criteria for carry on, and the capacity is likely below the threshold where these are consumer sized and would be allowed.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.