Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Best time to purchase???

Sasafras007
Explorer C

I will be traveling from OKC to ATL in early August 2017.  I want to know when is the best time to purchase tickets?   I don't want to buy tickets for $$$ and then find out later they dropped in price.  I know I can get a travel voucher for the funds, but I will not be able to use within a year...so it would be money wasted.   Suggestions?? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Best time to purchase???

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Sasafras007,

I can offer you at least a couple good ways to get a great fare on your ticket. First, sign up for our Click 'n Save emails, and you'll be among the first to know when we're having a fare sale. Second, check out our Low Fare Calendar. If your travel dates are flexible, you can use the calendar to find out what day of any given month offers the lowest fare available. 

Hope that helps you out a bit! 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hi there

@LindseyD is correct the best things to do is sign up for the click N save emails and to check out the low fare calendar if your dates are flexible.

another thing I have noticed is most sales start on Tuesdays so i recommend you look on Tuesdays or Wednesday's.

Just a heads up the schedule for August (until the 14th of August) will open up on January 5th (that date is subject to change) but I recommend looking on that date and you might find a great deal!

hope this helps 

Blake

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

In my 18 years with Rapid Rewards the prices are like the stock market and the go up and down and then back up again. You never know what the lowest price is going to be.  I have changed some tickets as much as 5 times.....I have noticed that when the flights first come out that they are higher in price than if you waited.  I have even seen the price go down after a sale ends.......

Good Luck!!!