Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding pass

jeffevans933
Explorer C

Tomorrow will be my fist time flying Southwest. How do I get a mobile boarding pass?  I've read where I would be given the option to have it emailed, texted, or view in browser when I checked in, but I never saw that option. I've tried on the mobile app and on the desktop site.

Why in the world does the mobile app not support this like all the other airlines?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Boarding pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Once you are within 24 hours of departure you should see the "Check-In" option in the Southwest app or on the website.  After completing check-in you will be presented with the option to get your boarding pass.  That's when you will see the options to view, text, email.  There are some situations that do not allow you to obtain a mobile boarding pass such as international travel (documents need to be verified), flying as an unaccompanied minor, and flying on a senior or child fare (proof of age must be verified).  I may be missing other scenarios, those are the most common.  Are you able to complete the check-in process, but don't get a boarding pass?  Anything unusual or different about your travel?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Once you are within 24 hours of departure you should see the "Check-In" option in the Southwest app or on the website.  After completing check-in you will be presented with the option to get your boarding pass.  That's when you will see the options to view, text, email.  There are some situations that do not allow you to obtain a mobile boarding pass such as international travel (documents need to be verified), flying as an unaccompanied minor, and flying on a senior or child fare (proof of age must be verified).  I may be missing other scenarios, those are the most common.  Are you able to complete the check-in process, but don't get a boarding pass?  Anything unusual or different about your travel?

--TheMiddleSeat

I believe the eaiest way to get a mobile boarding pass is to download the Southwest app.

Then check in with the app.

In the process of checking in pick view boarding pass.

Then you can save he pass to your phone by clicking on the camera icon at the top right of the boarding pass. You pass willbe stored in your photo album.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

I believe the eaiest way to get a mobile boarding pass is to download the Southwest app.

Then check in with the app.

In the process of checking in pick view boarding pass.

Then you can save he pass to your phone by click on the camera icon at the top right of the boarding pass. You pass willbe stored in your photo album.

One add-on - if you have iOS you can get the mobile pass within the app itself, or you can export it to the Apple Wallet as well which is handy in case you lose connectivity for the app, if the flight is delayed the app eventually won't continue to regenerate the boarding pass but if you have it saved in wallet (or photos) you have an archive copy.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gandswest
Explorer C

When I checked in for my flight, I didn’t see an option to get my boarding pass.  I’ve tried both the mobile site and the desktop site.  I tried calling Southwest Airlines and was on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up.   I still can’t view or find an option to even email it to me 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gandswest wrote:

When I checked in for my flight, I didn’t see an option to get my boarding pass.  I’ve tried both the mobile site and the desktop site.  I tried calling Southwest Airlines and was on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up.   I still can’t view or find an option to even email it to me 

Hello.

After checking in,

Both should give you an option something like "get boarding pass" (don't remember exact words, and can't get them now becasue I am not checking in for anthing today). Click on the button and you should be able to see your boarding pass.