Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Travel Policies

Welcome to the General Travel Policy Board.
Share knowledge about Southwest’s travel
policies and learn from others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booked flight using LUV Voucher and Credit Card

reneef79
New Arrival

I booked a flight today using a $75 LUV Voucher and $190 using my credit card. Note, the total cost of my flight is $265 so approximately 28% is covered by the LUV Voucher and the remaining 72% was paid using a credit card.

 

Why does my entire $265 in travel funds expire on the date that the LUV Voucher expires? Southwest knows the breakdown of the payment because it is clearly stated in my email confirmation. Why doesn't $75 expire on the LUV Voucher date and the remainder one year from now?

 

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Booked flight using LUV Voucher and Credit Card

bec102896
Rising Star

I believe it’s because the ticket can only have 1 expiration date so it takes the date that’s coming up first. 

Re: Booked flight using LUV Voucher and Credit Card

dfwskier
Rising Star

Southwest stated rule is that whenever people combine payment methods involving an expiration date to buy a ticket, and that ticket is cancelled, that the EARLIEST expiration date applies to the resulting travel fund.

Re: Booked flight using LUV Voucher and Credit Card

reneef79
New Arrival

Thank you. Can you provide the link for that policy?

 

I searched, but nothing came up.

Re: Booked flight using LUV Voucher and Credit Card

dfwskier
Rising Star
Solution

@reneef79 wrote:

Thank you. Can you provide the link for that policy?

 

I searched, but nothing came up.

 

Sure. Here ya go:

 

  1. Southwest LUV Vouchers must be redeemed and all travel completed by the expiration date indicated. If applied in conjunction with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all payments applies. Once the voucher is applied to a reservation, it can only be used by the ticketed Passenger. Validity of Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be extended and any unused value will be forfeited upon expiration.

 

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/purchasing-and-refunds/fop-pol.html?CLK=SITESEARCH