Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking and disability

paflutie
Explorer C

I have two questions.  I will be flying from Denver to Laguardia the third week in July.  I am hesitant to buy too early and find cheaper flights later.  If I buy one now, but then see a cheaper flight (different flight) later, can I just change it and get a refund on the price difference?  

My other question is with reference to boarding.  I do have a letter from my doctor requesting early boarding with preference to the bulkhead, as I need a little extra leg room.  Do I need to bring that letter each time or just tell them when the flight is called to board?  Thanks!

~Pam

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Booking and disability

franktravel
Aviator B

Your refund for a Wana Get Away ticket will be in the form of a credit that can be used one year from the date of purchase. 

A customer who has a disability and requires preboarding, the Customer should request a Preboarding Document from a Customer Service Agent at the check in at airport or  departure gate.   All you have to do is ask, they can not ask you why you need one. 

Re: Booking and disability

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you specifically need the extra room provided by the front row you better get in preboard position early in case there are several others also preboarding.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.