Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking online package - hotel less nights than flights range?

WalkGood
Explorer C

How do I book a hotel & flight sale package ONLINE when I only want the hotel for less nights than the range of flight dates?

Flight arriving on a Wednesday,  departing on the next Tues.  But only need a hotel for 3 nights since I'll be staying with family for the other nights.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Booking online package - hotel less nights than flights range?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Through Southwest Vacations? Can't be done online. Perhaps if you called?  Or if it absolutely must be done online I suggest you book the flight and hotel separately.

--TheMiddleSeat

WalkGood
Explorer C

Booking separately online though,  doesn't qualify for the promotion code.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Without knowing the specifics of the particular promotion you are interested in, I suspect, unfortunately, that you won't be able to take advantage of the promotion. It is worth giving Southwest Vacations a call though, just to see if there's anything they can do for you.

You should be aware that Southwest Vacations and Southwest Airlines are actually two completely different companies. Southwest Vacations is actually Mark Travel, an online travel agent doing business through a marketing agreement with Southwest Airlines. You may possibly find a good package deal through Southwest Vacations (when their promotion terms align with your travel plans), but it's worth noting that complaints about Southwest Vacations' customer service and policies that differ from Southwest Airlines are common. 

Most importantly, be aware that should you have any problems with Southwest Vacations, all customer service issues will have to be dealt directly with them, and not Southwest Airlines.