Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Both Wannna get away legs sold out when buying MKE to SJD, but MKE to DEN and DEN to SJD are open

bzthemar
Explorer C

I'm trying to buy the wanna get away fare for this trip on 8/31. When i look up each of the legs they are still Wanna Get Away individually.The available full trip Anytime fare is $127 more per person.  Am i stuck? I called Reservations and they said nothing could be done. Help if possible- i'm sad i can't seem to hook them both up. I don't want to have to recheck our bags. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Both Wannna get away legs sold out when buying MKE to SJD, but MKE to DEN and DEN to SJD are op

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Just keep watching. Sometimes the cheaper fares show up after the airline realizes that it won't sell the more expensive fares.

Re: Both Wannna get away legs sold out when buying MKE to SJD, but MKE to DEN and DEN to SJD are op

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I was curious if it was related to buying 2 tickets instead of 1, but I didn't get it to come up for me either.  Keep checking for one at a time and try to buy one ticket and let that person check both bags if you can get one but not two tickets.

I assume you are looking only at the # 4392 / 720 option and not the later one with extra connection.

I have heard that you can ask for luggage to check through to the end of a trip even with two one-ways, but that's annecdotal, and besides I don't know if it would apply to an international itinerary. Might be worth asking though.

On the one hand if the flights are filling up you can book the anytime now just in case (I always buy BS in this case for extra points for minor upcharge) and then refund if WGA re-appears. If you aren't worried about flights selling out, you can just wait since the prices for BS/Any fares probably will stay about the same as far as I know.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

I was curious if it was related to buying 2 tickets instead of 1, but I didn't get it to come up for me either.  Keep checking for one at a time and try to buy one ticket and let that person check both bags if you can get one but not two tickets.

That's a good point. If only one set is avaiable at the lower price, but you are trying to book two, then the system will price two tickets at the hgher price.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bzthemar wrote:

I'm trying to buy the wanna get away fare for this trip on 8/31. When i look up each of the legs they are still Wanna Get Away individually.The available full trip Anytime fare is $127 more per person.  Am i stuck? I called Reservations and they said nothing could be done. Help if possible- i'm sad i can't seem to hook them both up. I don't want to have to recheck our bags. Thanks

I've still never seen it printed anywhere, but here is another post talking about checking through to the end. I'd want to confirm that it applied to international flights though before you plan on it.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Boarding/Combining-reservations/m-p/89903#M2823

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.