Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bring back interactive route map

wtchdrmd
Explorer C

The new non-interactive route map is almost useless. It does not show nonstop routes, which was my major use for this in the past. Please have your IT department restore the former interactive route map ASAP.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bring back interactive route map

bec102896
Aviator A

I recommend sending your suggestion to Southwest directly by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page. 

-Blake 

AndSoItGoes
Explorer A

Or at least properly label it, it is not a "route" map any more in any way. Better description would be: "Picture of a Bunch of Cities".

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@AndSoItGoes wrote:

Or at least properly label it, it is not a "route" map any more in any way. Better description would be: "Picture of a Bunch of Cities".

😉

I believe that map ran under an older web technology that's no longer supported, and the general map search function hasn't yet been replaced. Hopefully some variation will return at some point. I do agree that it's odd, and certainly frustrating to the customer, to describe it as an "interactive route search tool" when that's no longer true.

One  small comfort: If you use the List View (after selecting Visit Route Map) you are able to select a city and see all cities served, and view/filter for non-stops. 

Nomadkj
Explorer C

Patlar
Explorer C

Not now!

Patlar
Explorer C

Totally agree!  It was great and saved a lot of time trying to plan a trip.  Now I feel nothing but frustration because it takes so long to figure out the best routes.  Bring it back...ASAP!!!

John2510
Explorer C

I spent about an hour last night looking for this feature.

They need to figure this out.

I'm dubious the modifications they traded this for were worth it.

It was great to be able to look at the map and see where your points would get you, instead of wading through their primitive flight search system.

Poorly done, SW. Poorly done.