Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Camera in rest room

anlmrl64
Explorer C

I am appalled about the recent news article concerning camera's in the rest room that the pilot watched from the flight deck. I am a frequent flyer and this pilot should be fired. I am extermely upset about Southwes't lack of concern about this event.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Camera in rest room

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

There was no camera in the rest room.

This thread has all the details: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/Southwests-operating-practices/m-p/97701#... 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@anlmrl64 wrote:

I am appalled about the recent news article concerning camera's in the rest room that the pilot watched from the flight deck. I am a frequent flyer and this pilot should be fired. I am extermely upset about Southwes't lack of concern about this event.

I am appalled that you failed to read Southwest's response to the allegations before writing your ridiculous post  -- you know the reply that said there have never been cameras in restrooms.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@anlmrl64 

I totally agree with you, yes, I did saw that on the World News on ABC yesterday and I was totally appalled. This is not the first time nor it was isolated incident. I was afraid for flight attendant's safety.

Kudo to the flight attendant that discovered it. I have heard numberous of case like camera hidden in public restroom. It is no question. I mean, it happens at the dressing room, locker room, and everywhere! Especially at your home with your parents.

One case in Illinois: A step-daughter discover a thin wire and further more she traced to learn that she found a camera connected to wire and quietly told her mother.

I know some people who done desperate that kind of act try to maintain their innocent trying to shrug off by denying any actions.

When I moved in my place, I did throughly check every rooms for hidden camera with detector. It is no questions and took me nearly two days searching for the hidden camera/micrphone.

I don't believe what dfwisker's comment as far I am concerning about constantly hidden camera that violated a person's right without written paper, consent by verbally, and so on. It is EVERYWHERE!  

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

We need to change the courts in the USA to say that, if you want to sue someone for what amounts to a criminal offense, you need to present a copy of the criminal conviction along with your civil case.

Almost daily I see in the news people suing for things that happened years ago but they never once went to the police.

This needs to stop.