Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't access Website from Brazil

ssouza22
Explorer C

I'm a frequent SW flyer but can't access Southwest website from Brazil, nor can dial a 1-800 number from outside the US, so please inform an email address that I can reach Customer Service to book a domestic flight in the US.  Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't access Website from Brazil

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, Southwest blocks access from outside the US. They say it's an issue they are working on, but it's been this way for going on three years now. Even the most inept IT department could resolve this issue within that time frame if they wanted to. Reps will just tell you to call, as if international long distance wasn't expensive (even before factoring in lengthy hold times). They do not publish an email address, but there is a web form you can use available on the Southwest website under "Contact Us." Unfortunately, replies came from an address that cannot be replied to. And they do not take new booking information via messaging or social media. Your best bet is to use another carrier. If you must reach Southwest, try accessing the website via VPN or proxy server (google for more info). Good luck.

Here's a lengthy thread discussing the issue:

Website access

franktravel
Aviator B

Reach out on Twitter  @Southwestair   or Facebook for a number

Good luck!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@franktravel wrote:

Give this a try! In Belize 0-800-0078684 En Belice (en español) 0-800-247-5463

Or reach out on Twitter  @Southwestair   or Facebook 

Good luck!

Umm... Belize is a nation on the eastern coast of Central America. It's not Brazil.

Also, as I noted earlier, Southwest will not take new bookings via social media or direct message. (They may be able to help with existing bookings and other issues.)