Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling a Reservation

jclausen
Explorer C

I received a disturbing email from Southwest that my reservation had been canceled - not that the flight was canceled or that Southwest rebooked me - but that the flight reservation I had paid for had been canceled. I called Southwest right away and was told someone else (a person I had never heard of before) had canceled my flight somehow. When I inquired how this happened, the agent on the phone said "because she had your confirmation number and the last four digits of your credit card number" and I am floored because the agent on the phone was not able to help me.

I wish I would have asked more questions while on the phone but I'm calling back (hello 49 minutes of awful hold music) and want to know if this has happened to anyone else.  I am also really curious if it really just takes a confirmation number and last four digits of a credit card number to cancel someone's reservation.

Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful in case I cannot get this resolved with customer service during this second call!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Canceling a Reservation

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Actually, to cancel a reservation all someone really needs is the confirmation number and the name on the ticket. No credit card number is needed.

1.png

This may be related to the duplicate confirmation number issue Southwest is currently having as a result of the conversion to the new "next generation reservation system." Someone with a duplicate confirmation number may have cancelled your flight by mistake.

Your best bet to get this sorted out is to call Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 (not the regular number).

Good luck -- and please come back and let us know how this is resolved.