Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling part of a ticket - refund

mmdelaney
Explorer C

If I purchase a business select round trip ticket and end up having to cancel my flight back, is the flight back refundable?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Canceling part of a ticket - refund

dfwskier
Aviator A

Business select fares are  refundable either in full or in part..

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mmdelaney wrote:

If I purchase a business select round trip ticket and end up having to cancel my flight back, is the flight back refundable?

It is, although I'm not sure you can do this online self-service,  you may have to call. You definitely have to call if you've already flown the first leg. They may offer travel funds, make sure you request "refund" to get your money back.

I usually book one-way tickets to keep things flexible and self-service online for these cases.

Remember not to "change" your BS fare, which makes it non-refundable. Cancel and rebook, or book one-ways to begin with so that you could cancel the flights individually.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As mentioned: Yes, as long as you make no changes to the itinerary at any time. This cannot be stressed enough. "Fully refundable" fares become non-refundable if you make any change at all. This includes things like upgrading an Anytime fare to Business Select, or changing things like the departure time or day. Always cancel and rebook any "refundable" fares.