Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing a flight for one member of a group

Epmmiller
Explorer C

Hi

thanks in advance for your help

I will be booking a flight to Orlando for my family and my sister and her children. She is a teacher and may need to change her flight if her school year is extended. The plan would be that I would take all the kids and she would meet us there later.  My questions are: If I book all the flights, can I change just my sister to another flight? When she checks in, will she have a new confirm number ? Will she need my credit card to check in? thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Changing a flight for one member of a group

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello

You could book everyone on one confirmation number and if she is the only one who needs to be changed you can call the 800-435-9792 and they can split her off on to a new confirmation number you would then just pay a difference in fare if one exist.  You could also book her on a separate confirmation to begin with so you can easily change it online but you would have to check in both confirmation numbers at the 24 hour mark or buy the early bird check in. 

You don't need a credit card to check in just a name on the reservation and the confirmation number. The only need for a credit card would be for a flight change (the difference in fare). 

If you know ahead ahead of time that school will be extended be sure to change it sooner rather than later so you don't have a HUGE fare difference. 

Happy travels

Blake