Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Clarification on Travel Fund Credit

proudmommy926
Explorer C

I received a travel fund credit for a trip that I took in May of this year, but I didn't realize until the other day that it expires 6 months from the original trip date - in November of this year. Unfortunately I can't get time off from work on that short of notice and can't afford to go anywhere right now anyway, but we do plan on taking another trip next year. Can my travel fund credit be used as long as I book the trip before the credit expires, or do the travel dates need to be before the credit expires? TIA for the help! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Clarification on Travel Fund Credit

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Travel funds expire one year from the original date of purchase, and all travel must be completed by then. They cannot be extended.

One expired, you may contact Customer Relations and request reissue as a voucher, usable by anyone. The fee for this is $100 per passenger, which is deducted from the funds. You have six months from expiration in which to make the request, and the voucher will be good for six months from the date of issue. These requests are granted on a case-by-case basis, are not guaranteed, and everything (including the amount of the fee) is subject to change at any time.

Re: Clarification on Travel Fund Credit

proudmommy926
Explorer C

Thanks for your answer! I assumed that was the case, but I had to double check as I hate to lose out on that credit and there's no way I can use it by the time it expires. 😞 Oh well. The credit is only $78 so if there is a $100 fee imposed then that doesn't do me any good. That's good to know for future reference though!