Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass early check in

dauxier
Explorer B

I have had Copmanion Pass now for over four years. I achieved this by making Southwest my main choice of airlines to fly. When booking my companion, I always get the Early Bird Checkin. But recently I tried to upgrade the 24 hour Early Bird Checkin to the 36 hour Early Bird Checkin upgrade, but was told it's not available for Companion Pass. It seems Southwest doesn't mind taking my $15 for the 24 hour checkin but I'm not good enough to get the 36 upgrade. What gives Southwest??? It just seems like a slap in the face after trying to make Southwest my main airline choice.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass early check in

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

EarlyBird Check-In can be added to any passenger's reservation as long as the passenger is not A-List.  There is no 36 hour vs 24 hour EBCI, there's just one EBCI option that assigns you a boarding postition 36 hours before departure.  The passenger then needs to complete the usual check-in process sometime within 24 hours of departure.  If you have a $15 EBCI option available to you, that's the one and only EBCI available.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Re: Companion Pass early check in

bec102896
Aviator A

Also you can't add EB check in if you are in a group reservation but should be able to add it if just a regular non A List traveler 

Blake