Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Crushed bag

blackrockrider
Explorer C

I need some help figuring out what to do about a crushed bag.

My wife just took a trip and after picking her up from the airport, I noticed that her baggage tag has written in red letters “CA / Crushed”.

I just inspected her bag and yes indeed, it was crushed...broken plastic shell with lots of pieces. 

I just saw saw on the website that there’s a 4 hour inspection policy...well I didn’t notice the broken parts because they are inside the liner and its been 2 days now.

Is is it too late to do anything?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Crushed bag

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

Sorry to hear about your crushed bag I would try calling customer relations at 855-234-4654 and maybe they might be able to help some but because it has been more than the 4 hours I don't think they will be able to do anything in the form of replacing the bag and messed up contents sorry to be the bear of bad news on that but they might be able to issue you a goodwill luv voucher but that's not a guarantee since it has been more than the 4 hours but worth a shot to call and I would do that sooner rather than later and they might still be able to take a damaged bag report but I am not for sure on that. 

Just a tip for the future check out your bag when you get it at baggage claim just to be sure nothing is broken and if you notice writing like that on the bag tag check it out fully because it is way easier to handle any potential damaged bag situations at the airport than after leaving the airport. hopefully your bag is not damaged again in the future.

Hope this helps

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Don't waste your time. You must report any damage at the baggage office at the airport within 4 hours of arrival, otherwise Southwest disclaims any responsibility. At this point, they would only take a "courtesy" report -- no bag replacement or other compensation. 😞

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Even with this tag that identified it as a crushed item? I'm not familiar with that tag, I don't know if it is an acknowledgement or just a notice to the handlers to keep pushing it thorugh despite the condition.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.