Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service

Centenary4017
Explorer C

I have been an A list preferred customer and huge supporter of SWA for 35 years. I think Herb was a genius and the only CEO in the industry that truly understood customer service and how important it is to the long term health of any business. He had the unique ability to hire competent and friendly employees at all levels and empower them to  make good decisions for the Company and the customers.

I am sad to say that in the last two months, things seem to have changed dramatically for the worse. Canceled or delayed flights with no good explanation, unfriendly gate agents who could care less, standby lists that don’t roll to the next flight, etc. etc.  I sincerely hope that someone can turn it around, but for now I feel like I’m flying AA, which I gave up years ago.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Customer Service

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Centenary4017 

I’m sorry to hear you feel things have been going downhill lately I know delays and cancellations are not fun and the occasional unfriendly gate agent doesn’t help either. 

Have you tried sending Southwet an email letting them know how you feel? If not I would just write them a message by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the page and just tell them what’s let you down and someone will respond as soon as they can. You could also send a letter to the address on that page as well. 

Hopefully things will turn around for you soon!

Blake 

kookoomawmaw
Explorer C

So disappointed in Southwest.  I left a brown, leather-like folder in San Jose, CA at gate 22 on 6-16-19.  I have made so many calls, reported it to lost and found, emails sent; yet no one seems to care, nor will they call me back.  The folder contains my passport, and I am scheduled to fly to Europe in 6 days.  Don't know that I'll fly Swest again.  I did fill out the lost and found form on their website.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kookoomawmaw wrote:

So disappointed in Southwest.  I left a brown, leather-like folder in San Jose, CA at gate 22 on 6-16-19.  I have made so many calls, reported it to lost and found, emails sent; yet no one seems to care, nor will they call me back.  The folder contains my passport, and I am scheduled to fly to Europe in 6 days.  Don't know that I'll fly Swest again.  I did fill out the lost and found form on their website.

SInce you left the item at the gate, it might not have ended up with Southwest. Instead it may be at San Jose AP lost and found. You might want to try there, too.

Southwest deals with tens of thousands of lost items every year. There is no way that the airline has the manpower to search for individual items - there re just too many of them. The airline ships all fund items to a central location in Alabama. At that location they match found items with items reported lost. Many are returned. Some are not.

You did the right thing by filing a lost item report. The fact that one of the items missing is your passport certainly enhances the likelihood that your item will be matched (if SW has it).

I'm afraid all you can do is wait and hope for the best. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth.

kookoomawmaw
Explorer C

I left it at the southwest gate 22, so shouldn't southwest have it????

SWDigits
Aviator A

@kookoomawmaw wrote:

I left it at the southwest gate 22, so shouldn't southwest have it????

It could have been found by a cleaning crew, an airport restaurant worker, a passenger (ethical or not), or an airline employee.

Customer | Home airport DCA

SWDigits
Aviator A

@kookoomawmaw wrote:

The folder contains my passport, and I am scheduled to fly to Europe in 6 days.

@kookoomawmaw that is unfortunate, ugh!  I'm sure you already have the information but here is the "Get a Passport in a Hurry" page published by the U.S. Department of State.

@kookoomawmaw wrote:

I did fill out the lost and found form on their website.

I don't work for Southwest but I do spend a good chunck of time on the discussion forums (call me crazy).  From what I've seen reported by others (unfortunately there are tons of lost and found threads though many with news of very happy reunions) it takes about 10 days for something to make it to the central lost and found facility, get matched in the lost & found database, and for them to contact you.  That's for electronics when the person entered the serial number in the online lost and found form.  They have your personal information (obviously in your passport) so I'm guessing they will also be able to make a match.  But that timing won't work for you so if I were you I would assume that you need to get a new passport as soon as possible using the contact information provided by the State Department.  That all assumes that Southwest found your folder and passport.  If an unethical person found it then there is nothing for Southwest to do.

Customer | Home airport DCA