Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Deceiving online booking payment form

Jaroberson
Explorer C

Southwest needs to put a CLEAR TAB when the customer is trying to use funds to pay for a flight. You clearly have credit/debit and PayPal, but NO clear tab for all other forms of payment, and that my friend is DECEIVING to say the least. I'm very disappointed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Deceiving online booking payment form

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

The option for alternative payments such as travel funds or vouchers is listed along side the other payment options.  It may not be a tab, but it is indeed easily accessible and formatted in a way that keep those options out of the way for customers who don't need to use them.  

Capture.PNG

If you would like to share your feedback directly with SW, I encourage you to reach out via one of these methods.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

If you want to use vouchers or gift cards also remember that it only works on the full web site and not on mobile 

hope this helps!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I don't think Southwest is attempting to deceive anyone, but I agree that the link is easy to overlook. I'd suggest you contact Southwest directly so that your concern can be recorded, perhaps they'll consider making it more obvious.

Note: If you just recently booked a flight (within the last 24 hours) and did not add your travel funds, you can cancel for a full refund and rebook, using the travel funds this time.