Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed Baggage

NOLA1206
Explorer A

Was delayed on a flight from MSY to LGA on June 23, 2018 due to mechanical issues. When I arrived at stopover, was rushed to connecting flight as it was being held for us. Upon arrival at LGA, luggage had not made the connection. Went to baggage claims office and was told I would get a $50 credit if I chose to come back the next day or have my bag delivered. As LGA is undergoing construction and a horror to go to, plus the toll fees, I chose delivery and was assured it would be there Sunday. Received a phone call that morning that my bag had arrived and was to be delivered and to check my email for a time. Email took me to website for delivery which said, not picked up yet, delivery by 9pm. Didn't happen....called SW baggage claims... Closed!!! Had to stay home from work Monday and wait for delivery. Finally arrived. $50 credit looked real good after that debacle and taking time from work!!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Delayed Baggage

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

I can completely understand your frustration. I had a similar situation like yours, but weather was the reason for the delayed bags.   I also had to rearrange my work life with anticipation of delivery. I always believe that SWA does the right thing such as the credit and delivery however, if you are still upset, your voice deserves to be heard. SWA is fair and will listen to you. You might not get the resolution you are looking for, but at least your concern was discussed. 

If you wanted to reach out to SWA, I would suggest contacting them via Twitter in a DM or you can call customer relations at 855-234-4654 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear your bag was delayed and then they failed to deliver the day it arrived which caused you to miss work the next day but glad they did get the bag to you that next day. I would recommend calling customer relations if you would like to discuss your situation at 855-234-4654 or you can message southwest on twitter and they can research what happened and find out why the bag wasn't delivered the day it arrived at the airport 

hope your future travels are smooth sailing!

Blake 

NOLA1206
Explorer A

Thank you for your input. I spoke with a wonderful Customer Service Rep from LGA and she did indeed offer me a credit for my inconvenience.

This is why I only fly SOUTHWEST....THEY ARE AMAZING

Re: Delayed Baggage...SOLVED

NOLA1206
Explorer A
Solution

BTW, her name is Shaniqua....wanted to make sure she got credit for solving my incident