Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Difference in fare

nolacat
Explorer C

I noticed a significant fare drop for an upcoming flight in July. But, before I change the reservation, will my Early Bird transfer over? It may not be worth it to rebook if I have lose the cost of the early bird check in.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

EarlyBird Check-In transfers over as long as you use the "change flight" function, and the confirmation number stays the same. If you cancel and then rebook, you will lose EBCI, which is non-refundable.

franktravel
Aviator B

Yes. 

Clairel
Explorer C

This is all new to me - I’m in the UK and we have family one-way US domestic flights booked next month, the cheapest fare (wanna get away)

The price has dropped by about $30 each. Do I need to be a reward club member to claim the credit?

Could I use the credit towards early bird?

i won’t be flying Southwest for another 12 months so would not be able to use it otherwise.

thanks!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Clairel wrote:

This is all new to me - I’m in the UK and we have family one-way US domestic flights booked next month, the cheapest fare (wanna get away)

The price has dropped by about $30 each. Do I need to be a reward club member to claim the credit?

Could I use the credit towards early bird?

i won’t be flying Southwest for another 12 months so would not be able to use it otherwise.

thanks!

You don't need to be a Rapid Rewards member to get the price adjustment. You can even do it yourself -- just go online and use the "change flight" function to rebook the same flights at the new lower price. The fare difference will be held as Travel Funds under the confirmation number of the original itinerary. That said -- these funds can only be applied towards new travel (not EarlyBird Check-In or any other ancillary fee), and for the original passenger(s) only, and are good for one year from the date you originally booked the flight -- meaning it might not be worth rebooking in your case.

Clairel
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply!

I worked it out - got the refund credit, but as we said, I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it as we're fully booked up for the next 6 months and I see it's from date of booking rather than date of travel, but you never know, I might find cheap flights to anywhere when we're in the US over the next 6 months. Great system, thanks!