Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do you want another cup of coffee?

Houstoneditor
Explorer C

I know this is a little thing: a flight attendant asking whether you want another cup of coffee. But it NEVER happens on other airlines, and it happens quite often on Southwest. Why is this? Does Southwest teach flight attendants to do this, or suggest it, or recommend it? My hunch is probably no. I'm betting Southwest flight attendants do this as often as they do not because they're pushed to, but because it's the manifestation of a corporate culture that obviously is built upon serving customers and giving them a good experience as an entre to repeat business. Why else the free snacks, free bags and the most valuable and customer-centric benefit of all -- no kill fee on flights, so that you never lose money booking a flight on Southwest? This, and genuinely friendly employees, who must feel valued and appreciated by the airline. Genuinely friendly employees who ask, because they enjoy their work, do you want another cup of coffee? Now, if we could only get direct flights from Houston to Philly!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Do you want another cup of coffee?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Houstoneditor,

You couldn't be more right. Having a Servant's Heart is one of Southwest Airlines values, and we see it implemented from the top down. We don't take for granted how fortunate we are to have the best Employees and, in turn, the best Customers in the industry.