Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight #5246 from CMH to LAS

aweaver614
Explorer C

Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. For the last several years every time I have gone to LAS I have flown on #5246 which is a non-stop in the afternoon/evening. I noticed that flight #5246 doesn't exist from the time frame of like 12/22-12/29. Is it normal that Southwest just cuts out daily flights for different time periods?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight #5246 from CMH to LAS

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@aweaver614 wrote:

Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. For the last several years every time I have gone to LAS I have flown on #5246 which is a non-stop in the afternoon/evening. I noticed that flight #5246 doesn't exist from the time frame of like 12/22-12/29. Is it normal that Southwest just cuts out daily flights for different time periods?

There are some seasonal adjustments to the schedule. Some of these are longer-term such as direct from MDW to PNS only during the summer and I have to connect through HOU or BNA in the winter.

However it is possible that demand from CMH or capacity of gates at LAS caused the flight to be discontinued during the holiday period in order to use the aircraft and crews for other more popular holiday routes (probably to Florida!). Then starting on the 30th CMH can have their aircraft back for the regular LAS service.

Edit: I'll add if you were looking for a flight and can make a connection in DEN or BNA these are both great airports to make connections while flying Southwest in a generally westward direction, you won't lose too much time over the direct flight I hope.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.