Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Cancellation

armikes
Explorer C

I just received a text from Southwest that my flight has been cancelled but online there are no cancellations. Could there have been a glitch? The phone wait time is currently over 2 hours so I'm trying to get a quicker response. I am traveling on business and need to resolve this ASAP or fly with a different airline. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Flight Cancellation

JAMES76
Explorer C

I am in the same situation. Leaving Omaha on Thursday to come home to RDU, and got the cancellation text. Online nothing is changed and it still shows seats open?

dfwskier
Aviator A

For both of you: send Southwest an e-mail. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page and then pick e-mail from the options listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

My flight was cancelled too.  I sent an e-mail and got a phone response in less than 15 minutes. that's sure easier than waiting in a phone que for hours.

Beware that the storm has made the midwest a mess. Even if you talk with the airline, you may not be able to fly when you want to.

Good luck

kmrmgibson
Explorer C

my flight doesn't leave until wednesday and I don't see that is cancelled online I'm the only person in my group to get an email.  I have sent an email questioning this and no response yet.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@kmrmgibson wrote:

my flight doesn't leave until wednesday and I don't see that is cancelled online I'm the only person in my group to get an email.  I have sent an email questioning this and no response yet.

You'll probably get a quicker reply reaching out to Customer Relations via Twitter.

tsmalskas
Explorer C

Same here! Texts saying cancelled yet app says it is still on! Even offered early bird check in? What should a person believe?

larryrosso
Explorer C

I would like to rebook my flight for today to Las Vegas asap. Larry

eventolo
Explorer C

send Southwest an e-mail. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page and then pick e-mail from the options listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

My flight was cancelled too.  I sent an e-mail and got a phone response in less than 15 minutes. that's sure easier than waiting in a phone que for hours.

eventolo
Explorer C

send Southwest an e-mail. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page and then pick e-mail from the options listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@larryrosso wrote:

I would like to rebook my flight for today to Las Vegas asap. Larry Rosso 402-306-1423

Larry, we're all fellow customers on here and not able to make changes like this - you'll need to call Southwest (hopefully you posted this while you were on the phone waiting), go online or use Twitter to @SouthwestAir (don't send your confirmation number until they request a direct message).

If you are already headed to the airport then you may handle it there as well...stay on the phone in the meantime though, it's recommended by many to use multiple means to try and reach someone. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.