Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Cancellation

ErinP
Explorer C

I received this message via email:
Hello friends,

We've confirmed the change to your trip. Below you'll find your updated itinerary.

I didn’t change my flight. It appears to have been cancelled...it no longer shows on the website.  I can’t even make the less expensive, twice as long (with layover) flight that Southwest rescheduled me for without consultation or even apology or offer of a credit.  Incidentally, I’m signed up for text notifications and didn’t get one.  I’m lucky I noticed this email given the regular promotional ones I receive.  Now, I can’t get a hold of anyone. Wait times were long and when I finally input my phone number for a call back “in 45 minutes” I did not receive one. This is ridiculous...how can I reach someone?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Cancellation

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Sounds like your flight was likely affected by the Max aircraft grounding. You should keep trying to call, as agents may have access to flights that aren't showing on the website. You can also try to reach out via Twitter, but the back-and-forth nature of a rebooking may be difficult via that method. Good luck!

FYI: Southwest doesn't use the text notifications service anymore (that you had to sign-up for), instead they will contact you via the method you've indicated when you made the booking -- phone, text or email.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@ErinP , sorry that this happened.  I have used the call back feature with good results except once when I called from my office.  It picked up the main switchboard rather than my direct dial, so once I started using my personal cell phone number as a callback, that worked better, even when I call from my office phone .  

Good luck and I hope you can get it changed to times-dates so that you can travel.  If you end up needing to cancel, be sure to write down your confirmation number, expiration date and travel funds amount for future use.  Based on these discussion boards and the cancellations due the Max 8 rescheduling, there seem to be a lot of people who do not know that the traveler has to track their own travel funds because there is nothing that posts to your RR account.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ErinP wrote:

I received this message via email:
Hello friends,

We've confirmed the change to your trip. Below you'll find your updated itinerary.

I didn’t change my flight. It appears to have been cancelled...it no longer shows on the website.  I can’t even make the less expensive, twice as long (with layover) flight that Southwest rescheduled me for without consultation or even apology or offer of a credit.  Incidentally, I’m signed up for text notifications and didn’t get one.  I’m lucky I noticed this email given the regular promotional ones I receive.  Now, I can’t get a hold of anyone. Wait times were long and when I finally input my phone number for a call back “in 45 minutes” I did not receive one. This is ridiculous...how can I reach someone?

Hello.

You might want to try e-mailing the company. When I've done that in the past, I've gotten a return call within an hour from the airline. To e-mail the company click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then select e-mail from the choices at the top left of the ensing page.