Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight number look up

Paul-Met
Explorer C

I cannot believe that a SW flight number does not refer to a particular, specific flight journey that occurs on the same flight path and time every day or so.  Coding has gone haywire when the same number can refer to different things on different days.  (Try that in a warehouse)  I needed to see when flight SW 3536 was going to get into Hobby Airport, Houston.  The first quesion asked was, "From what airpoprt?"  I did not know.  Does it matter?  Flight SW 3536 should only come in at the same scheduled time from the same airport, or list of airportsevery day, or every so often.  I was told that it could come from different airports on different days.  What's up?  That is a bad coding structure, I assure you; difficult information; confusing; not helpful; difficult to operate.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight number look up

franktravel
Aviator B

One of the ways I find out where a flight I'm taking is coming from is to look at the gate number Its's leaving from, then check arrivals to see what flight is landing at that gate and where it came from. Now you can work backwards from that.

Just a thought. 

Re: Flight number look up

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I use the FlightView app on my phone which lets you look up flights by flight number and you'll see each leg of the flight. In your example, WN 3536 is coming from DCA today. Google'ing the flight number "WN 3536" gives you the same information.