Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight problems

kenzie819
Explorer C

Hi! I booked a flight last fall, and had to cancel due to something happening in my family. It says I have until October of 2018 to book a flight, but when I’m trying to book a flight for may it says travel funds not applicable. Is there something  I’m missing or can do??? Thanks in advance!!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Flight problems

chgoflyer
Aviator A

All travel must be completed by the expiration date, which is one year from the original date of purchase (or earlier, if you applied any older travel funds to the booking).

kenzie819
Explorer C

I understand that, and it is. This was October’s of 2017 and it expires October 2018. I was trying to book a flight for late may of 2018 and this is what it says. I don’t understand what I’m doing worngimage.jpg

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Oh, sorry! -- I went to May of next year in my head (even though that's actually not even bookable yet).

We can't see your image because photographs have to be approved by a moderator and that sometimes takes a while.

Travel funds can only be used to book a flight for the exact same passenger name as the original ticket. Are you booking for the same person? If so double-check that the spelling is exactly the same as it was originally.

kenzie819
Explorer C

Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t know that. It was just a picture showing that my travel fund balance is 371.00 and the flight I’m trying to book is 189.00. The original flight was for myself, and this one is as well. Could it be that mays a busy season or something? Thank you for trying to help

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Hmmm... what does the error message say? Can you copy/paste it here? (Delete any personal info if necessary.) This may or may not be helpful -- unfortunately some southwest error messages are notoriously vague/unhelpful.

Can you verify that the travel funds are available to use?  https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Assuming you have the name exactly the same, and there are funds available under the confirmation number, I'm not sure what else to try except calling Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654. You might want to wait a day or two though, hold times are well over an hour today, most likely due to the Northeast storm.

Good luck!

kenzie819
Explorer C

I fixed it!!!!! Thanks so Much

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Great! Go ahead and mark whichever of @chgoflyer's posts helped the most as answering the topic.

And still plenty of time to use the rest of the balnace.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@kenzie819.

Thanks for posting. I'm glad @chgoflyer was able to help you out. I'll echo @DancingDavidE - please click the "Accept as Solution" button on whichever of @chgoflyer's posts were most helpful to you. This will help other Members find helpful information/solutions on the discussion forum. 

Happy Traveling!