Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Food service on board

Kckodre
Explorer C

Can I bring my own snacks on the plane? Beef jerky, crackers and cheese, fruit roll ups etc.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Kckodre wrote:

Can I bring my own snacks on the plane? Beef jerky, crackers and cheese, fruit roll ups etc.

Those all sound great! Sauerkraut maybe avoid in enclosed spaces.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

nanapcp
Explorer C

My spouse and I bring our own sandwiches and snacks in Ziploc bags.  We save money and in case of delays, we always have our meals!   But you cannot bring bottled or canned drinks through TSA, but the food is no problem!

Joanbha
Explorer C

Yes they give out snacks and drinks. I have ask for extra and was serve with a smile and glad to help me. 

@jtbtakesoff333 wrote:

I haven't flown on Southwest in years.  I frequently use Spirit (due to my location and the location of my extended family) and they don't supply anything.  I used Delta at Christmas and was given

a mini can of soda and some cookies.  Does Southwest provide anything or do I need to bring my own snacks?  Thanks.  

damitch8114
Explorer C

They serve peanuts/pretzels on all flights and on longer flights a few more snacks. They serve drinks on all flights if there is not turbulence.

I always bring snacks along with me as I usually fly coast to coast.

cpavich
Explorer C

I like the  food service  that Southwest provides for short domestic flights. It's efficient and convenient.. may be they can also include granola bars as an option?

JAC1
Explorer C

Better bring some snacks.  The bags of peanuts/pretzels are tiny.  None served if the flight is rough or short.  Same for drinks.

LarkinPConnolly
Explorer C

Unfortunately..... it is the weak spot in Southwest's service and customer relations..... a full drink cart and your choice of a mini pouch peanuts or pertzels......pretty lame

@jtbtakesoff333 wrote:

I haven't flown on Southwest in years.  I frequently use Spirit (due to my location and the location of my extended family) and they don't supply anything.  I used Delta at Christmas and was given

a mini can of soda and some cookies.  Does Southwest provide anything or do I need to bring my own snacks?  Thanks.  

dondy
Explorer C

Just had to add Southwest seems to be the most generous with their snacks. The last couple of times we flew they either made a couple of rounds with the snacks or passed out 2 to each passenger.

jtbtakesoff333
Explorer C

Thanks everyone. My flight is almost 4 hours long. I will bring some of my own food and an empty water bottle.