Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Good Funds not working, how to apply Initial or not. Flights funds booked on mobile do not work?

jjdiebold
Explorer C

My husband and i book about 8 tickets some months, have had trouble apply good funds (sw verifies funds are good. I have cancelled  mail, however can often not apply.  Jus heard if they were made or cancelled on mobile I can not apply them???  We often have to change flight due to our Company directives,  So sometimes do on phone.  How do i know which were maid on phone and how can I use them.

Middle name  middle initial :      Also, we log in when we book - so why do some Funds have middle name and some do not.  If I apply funds o new ticket- Do I put Middle initial after first name No Space  or full middle name after first  or no space.    HELP  we have over 1000.00 in funds to apply.  Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Good Funds not working, how to apply Initial or not. Flights funds booked on mobile do not work

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@jjdiebold

i have also had trouble applying travel funds on the mobile site.  If you cannot book with the travel funds on the website, I suggest that you call customer service (1-800-I-FLY-SWA aka 18004359792) because they can always apply — but they cannot look them up so have the confirmation and passenger first and last name available. 

You our can only use 3 forms of payment for each ticket purchased, so if your $1000 of travel funds are a lot of small separate confirmations, you will not be able to use them all at once.  Most of the Community Champions suggest booking two one-way tickets to get maximum usage.

good luck.  I do wish travel funds were credits that can be used without limits.

Re: Good Funds not working, how to apply Initial or not. Flights funds booked on mobile do not work

dfwskier
Aviator A

You should be ble to usse travel funds regardless of whether the funds came from web, cell, or phone cancellation or flight change

One other piece of advice: Southwest sends you e-mails whenever you cancel or change a reservtion. I keep the e-mails in a separate e-mail folder clled "travel funds available" and after I've used them I move the e-mails to a folder called "travel funds used."

You can search your e-mail for e-mails entitled "cancelled flight reservation"  or "updated flight reservation."

Sorry but I can't comment on booking with the cell phone app, as I always use a notebook

jjdiebold
Explorer C

Thanks,  I do call if i can, but often making changes or cancels at the last minute.
 No problem  regarding how many to apply , just usually apply one 2 at max.

Part of the confusion is that my frind was told something differnet regarding mobile funds.

Hope to get an hour this week to wait for call back and verify what is correct.  Thanks

jjdiebold
Explorer C

Thanks,  I do call if i can, but often making changes or cancels at the last minute.
 No problem  regarding how many to apply , just usually apply one 2 at max.

Part of the confusion is that my frind was told something differnet regarding mobile funds.

Hope to get an hour this week to wait for call back and verify what is correct.  Thanks

jjdiebold
Explorer C

Hi thanks for the reply,  No problem just useing some funds on a ticket, as we have many tickets to purchase.   folder Idea is good  - hae been doing it electronically and it takes a lot of time.

Does Anyone know why they are not showing the funds confirms used on new tiket purchase confirm any more?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, Southwest has made it harder to track travel funds by repeatedly removing information from confirmation emails (as you've mentioned). There is no "official" reason that I know of... but I'm sure you can guess why they would like less travel funds redeemed.