Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Having trouble booking

James2482
Explorer C

I am trying to book a flight and it says 2 seats left. Well that is all I need and I get all the info in and hit submit and it is telling me unable to book flights please try again later. Anyone have any ideas?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Having trouble booking

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@James2482 ,

i have had that same issue, (though it has been a while for me — for which I am grateful).  

Sometimes, it is more than one party trying for the same few seats.

options are calling (but right now, that wait may be long too) but if someone bought them up, customer service cannot help that. But they have gotten me past random error message so blocking the purchase when the seats were widely available.

Sorry that this happened to you.  I believe that you will have better luck with the website in the future (based on my experience but I can’t point to anything specific that changed).

Re: Having trouble booking

dfwskier
Aviator A

I agree with careforNOLA on the likely cause.

Someone else was likely trying to book the flight, and had booked a seat (maybe 2), thus 2 seats were no longer available.

The same thing happens when someone tries to book a seat at a given price, but when they get to the final step in the booking process the computer tells them that price is no longer available. Why? Because someone else just booked the seat at the lower price, and there are no addiional seats available at that price.