Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Help!

thisisadisaster
Explorer C

I am one of the many who has been on hold for 3+ hours tonight (after also being hung up on after 2 hours on hold). I've had two flights cancelled for tomorrow (Thursday, March 14th) and there are no options available to get to my destination before next week. I have an event on Saturday that I must be at, so I've resigned to the fact that I'll be driving 14 hours to get there. But because I haven't been able to speak to anyone on the phone, or via twitter, I'd love to know -- will my return flight be cancelled bc I currently haven't been rebooked on an outbound flight? I really cannot do this road trip if I'm going to be stuck there with no return flight. Help!!!! 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Help!

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately in your case if your wanting to just cancel the outbound (because you can’t get to your event on time) and your flight was booked as a Round Trip you would need to speak to someone by phone or through Twitter because if you no show the outbound flight they will cancel your return flight and you would be stuck rebooking at the current price.

Hope you can get through to an agent soon

Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

@thisisadisaster wrote:

I am one of the many who has been on hold for 3+ hours tonight (after also being hung up on after 2 hours on hold). I've had two flights cancelled for tomorrow (Thursday, March 14th) and there are no options available to get to my destination before next week. I have an event on Saturday that I must be at, so I've resigned to the fact that I'll be driving 14 hours to get there. But because I haven't been able to speak to anyone on the phone, or via twitter, I'd love to know -- will my return flight be cancelled bc I currently haven't been rebooked on an outbound flight? I really cannot do this road trip if I'm going to be stuck there with no return flight. Help!!!! 

Check the website or the mobile app because the airline normally will automatically rebook you on the first available flight after your flight is cancelled. If so, the change will be reflected there. The question is "Is that a flight you want to take?"

Sometimes you can use either of them to rebook yourself, but, by my experience, that does not always work. I've had alost immediate callbacks when I contact via e-mail. Twitter would be the same I suppose. To use either click on " contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick yourpreferred contact method from the top left of the ensuingpage.

Seversos1
Explorer B

My wife and I were notified last night that our flight from Seattle to New Orleans has been cancelled. Because one of the tickets is a companion pass, I must call customer service. We need to be in New Orleans for a wedding Saturday morning. I was on hold over 2 hours and 10 minutes last night, until the automated messages stopped playing. While on hold, it seems every flight to every destination from Seattle is sold out. We need to get to this wedding. Southwest should be trying to find a way. I am waiting for a call back.

dfwskier
Aviator A

The cancellations in Denver and othe places couples with the MAX 9 groundings are casuing the phone lines to be overwhelmed.

My suggestion would be to Try an e-mail - pick that option from the top left of the link

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Southwest will call you back. When? Good question as I suspect that thousands of people are trying to do what you are trying to do.

Seversos1
Explorer B

Well, after waiting for 80 minutes for a call back, the phone rang once and hung up. Now I’m on hold for what they say is 96 minutes. I’m sure it will be longer, if they pick up at all. I have emailed also. This is not an acceptable way of treating longtime loyal customers.

Seversos1
Explorer B

By the way, I emailed 13 hours ago, and am still waiting to hear from customer service.

Seversos1
Explorer B

I wonder how many seats on alternate routes/airlines have already been booked since our flight was cancelled and while we have been waiting on hold or a response to our emails from customer service for the last 13 hours?

It’s not like this happened on a weekend or holiday. This happened on a Wednesday night!

Seversos1
Explorer B

Also, the “Chat” feature is not available, as there are no representatives to chat with. It directs you to call, which I’ve been trying to do for the last 13 hours!

Seversos1
Explorer B

Finally got through to customer service. They can’t get us to New Orleans on Saturday for the wedding. Now we have a cancelled flight to New Orleans, plus flights from New Orleans to home, which is Ft Myers, on Sunday, which customer service can’t do anything about. We at least need to get back home to Ft Myers!

Now I am on hold with Customer Relations in Dallas! This is just not acceptable!