Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How are multiple price drop travel credits calculated on same flight?

Rexamillion
Explorer C

I originally purchased a flight and a couple weeks back saw the price dropped by $43 so rebooked that flight and get a credit. just before i checked flight again, mind you i usually just go in my reservations once in a while and hit change flight just to see any price differences and it said -$13 on same flight but i know only have a $13 credit and the $43 credit is gone.

Can anyone confirm how that's calculated? i would assume it's based on what the value is of the flight when last booked (meaning the orig price minus the $43).

Think i just used $30 in travel funds for the heck of it and got nothing more! This is very confusing.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How are multiple price drop travel credits calculated on same flight?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Rexamillion wrote:

I originally purchased a flight and a couple weeks back saw the price dropped by $43 so rebooked that flight and get a credit. just before i checked flight again, mind you i usually just go in my reservations once in a while and hit change flight just to see any price differences and it said -$13 on same flight but i know only have a $13 credit and the $43 credit is gone.

Can anyone confirm how that's calculated? i would assume it's based on what the value is of the flight when last booked (meaning the orig price minus the $43).

Think i just used $30 in travel funds for the heck of it and got nothing more! This is very confusing.

See what it says on here:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Your logic makes sense - once you had rebooked that original price was gone, so it shouldn't have been a reference. Check the value on the link above and see if it says $13 or $56.

@Otherwise you might need to call, or check on Twitter to verify what happened. If you opt for twitter @SouthwestAir don't send the confirmation number until they ask for it in a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: How are multiple price drop travel credits calculated on same flight?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi. The way it's worked for me in the past is for multiple reductions taken to be cumulative.

So using your numbers a $100 fare dropped by $43. You bought the change  giving you a new fare of $57 and a $43 travel credit.

Then when you checked again, the system showed a  fare drop of $13 FROM $57. You took it and your new fare should have been $44 and you should have a $56 travel credit If you did all this on one confirmation number.  If you somehow did some of this across more than one confirmation number, then you migh have travel credits in multiple places.