Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do I know if my flight will be cancelled?

pigeon64
Explorer C

Now that Southwest is inspecting its planes for safety reasons, how will I know and when will I know if my flight is cancelled.  I'm flying next Thursday and I'm so nervous about my flight getting cancelled.  I've already prepaid for my rental car and a tour and there is no cancellation or refund on either.  Is there any way I can fly on standby that day to get there that day if my flight gets cancelled?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I know if my flight will be cancelled?

bec102896
Aviator A

You can check the status of your flight on the southwest mobile app or on the website by clicking on flight status starting the day before your flight.

If your flight is canceled for some reason you should get an email or text message to the email or phone number you provided when booking your flight. If your flight is canceled they will help you with re booking at the airport or over the phone. 

Odds are your flight won't be canceled though.

hope this helps

Blake 

pigeon64
Explorer C

Thank you for your response.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@pigeon64 wrote:

Now that Southwest is inspecting its planes for safety reasons, how will I know and when will I know if my flight is cancelled.  I'm flying next Thursday and I'm so nervous about my flight getting cancelled.  I've already prepaid for my rental car and a tour and there is no cancellation or refund on either.  Is there any way I can fly on standby that day to get there that day if my flight gets cancelled?

If Southwest cancels your flight they will help you to rebook to a confirmed reservation.

Standby would only be necessary if all the other flights on your day were already full and you couldn't move to one of them that works for your schedule.

If it would help your peace of mind, pick out a couple of flights on the same day that would also work so that you have a request in mind should your flight be canceled. Then you'll also know if you can't be confirmed for that flight, to ask for standby.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

pigeon64
Explorer C

Thank you for your response.