Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How long till I am able to use a voucher

endeguia
Explorer C

I have flight credits expiring tomorrow and plan on getting a voucher for them. I'm trying to book a flight to Denver immediately for the summer. I'm afraid that if I don't book soon, the flights I need will be sold out. Does anyone know how long it takes till I receive and can use my voucher? I was hoping it would be something immediate but from what I'm finding online this doesn't seem to be the case...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How long till I am able to use a voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Hopefully you're aware that these exception requests are granted on a case-by-case basis, aren't guaranteed, and the fee is (currently) $100 per ticket. Vouchers generally take 10-14 days, but can sometimes take longer.

bec102896
Aviator A

Getting a voucher for a travel fund that was not used isn't guaranteed and is on a case by case basis and you will lose $100 of the travel fund if they do issue you the voucher as @chgoflyer stated 

if they do issue you a LUV voucher it usually arrives by email within 10 days but usually arrives much faster such as 24-72 hours from my experience of getting a LUV voucher. Once you get the voucher it can be used right away you will have 6 months from what I have heard from the date of issue to use and travel by from the date of issue

hope this helps

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Note that receiving a voucher for something like an IROPS situation, especially from the proactive team, can be quick -- 24/48 hours. But having travel funds converted into a voucher by Customer Relations almost always takes much longer, as I mentioned earlier.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@endeguiawrote:

I have flight credits expiring tomorrow and plan on getting a voucher for them. I'm trying to book a flight to Denver immediately for the summer. I'm afraid that if I don't book soon, the flights I need will be sold out. Does anyone know how long it takes till I receive and can use my voucher? I was hoping it would be something immediate but from what I'm finding online this doesn't seem to be the case...

If you fly very often then it won't be hard to use the voucher later when it comes, if you are worried about price increases or desirable times selling out it may make sense to book now. Or use points that could be returned to you and use the voucher later (unless prices are too high then).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

endeguia
Explorer C

Thank you everyone for the information! My voucher was approved and the man helping me let me know that vouchers have been sending out quickly. He said to expect it in 7-10 days. Hopefully that doesn't have too much effect on prices. Again, thank you for everyone's input!