Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to use a credit for hotel?

mjmortiz
Explorer C

Due to an unforseen change in travel plans, I had to change flight dates for my son and I resulting in a $146 per person travel credit. The Southwest site had a tab for booking hotels which brought me to Southwast Hotels. Due to the change, we now need a hotel so I booked on through Southwest.  I have asked Southwest to allow my credit to be applied to the hotel but am being told no. Has anyone had any experience with this? They are telling me to upgrade to a more expensve flight to use it but that serves no purpose other than to gve them the money, and does not help us. I am so upset that Southwest will not work with us at all. Any suggestions on how we can recover the funds without having to book future flights as we have no plans to travel again any time soon. All I am asking is for the funds to go towards a hotel booked through the Southwest Hotel site.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to use a credit for hotel?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I beleive that the rule is that flight credits must be used to buy flights- at least that is what the rule is on every other airline.

Re: How to use a credit for hotel?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Travel Funds are only valid for future air travel (including taxes and fees) and only for the original passenger(s), they cannot be applied to any other purchases.