Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I canceled a flight and want to book a new one with the travel credit

rollwithdan
Explorer C

Hi there Southwest community,

I booked a flight but then had to cancel 48+ hours later. Does anyone know if I will received travel credit or a refund? I booked a "Wanna Get Away" flight and want to book another flight right now. Where can I find the travel credit in my account? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I canceled a flight and want to book a new one with the travel credit

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. That's a great question!

At Southwest, not all reservations are refundable, but they are all reusable as long as you cancel your reservation at least ten (10) minutes prior to scheduled departure of the flight. 

Since you cancelled after 24 hours of booking the flight, you can't get cash back, but you'll recieve a travel voucher valid for one year, which can be found under the original confirmation number.

You can find the value of each voucher here: https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html.

Hope this helps!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Just to be clear, as the terminology Southwest uses can possibly be confusing: when you cancel a non-refundable flight,  the balance paid is held as Travel Funds (not a "voucher").

Travel Funds are good for use towards future travel (including taxes and fees) for the originally named passenger(s) only, and are generally valid for one year from the original date the ticket was purchased. All travel must be completed by expiration.

Vouchers (issued by Southwest for things like customer service issues, etc.) are good towards future travel for anyone, but do not cover taxes and fees. Expiration dates vary from six months to a year, and all travel must be completed by expiration.

Hope this helps!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Everything will be stored electronically for your travel funds, under the original confirmation number, which you can verify here:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.