Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight WiFi iPhone Usage of Facetime

dhalpin
Explorer C

Hi There,

I was was told by a flight attendant this morning that I wasn't allowed to be talking on my phone during the flight. 

I was using the facetime time feature via the inflight wifi on my iPhone. 

What, if any, is southwest's official stance on this? Is there any policy in place, or was this a flight attendant's knee jerk reaction to their perception of a passenger not being in airplane mode?

I feel badly because I gave the flight attendant the most sour expression I could muster. I know she was doing her best to make the flight as comfortable as possiblefor everyone. 

Your insight is is most appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Inflight WiFi iPhone Usage of Facetime

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @dhalpin,

Thank you for bringing your question to the Southwest Community - we're happy to have you here (and onboard).

In order to provide a top-notch WiFi experience for our Customers, we do prohibit access to certain high-bandwidth applications and websites, including ones that use VoIP (Voice-over IP), such as FaceTime. 

I hope this clarification is helpful, and I'm sorry if the information, when you first received it, was devoid of the warmth and friendliness for which we're usually known. 

We look forward to seeing you onboard again soon and encourage you to take advantage of the other benefits of WiFi service - texting, games, surfing the Internet, etc!