Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Jacket and house Keys lost on Southwest

joebond008
Explorer C

I know it's a shot in the dark but I am trying to Recover my mom's coat. She traveled on Nov 15th on Flight 398 from Midway to Orlando arriving at 7:10PM She has limited mobility and travels with a wheel chair. The Flight attendant never grabbed her jacket from the top bin as she was led off the plane, but I am desperately trying to recover the jacket as it has her home keys in it and attached was her library card as well to the keys which should have been easy to track. I went back to the Orlando airport and the customer service and manager were of little help and were reluctant to call over at the gate to see if anything was recovered or follow up with the planes next destination to see if they would be able to recover the item at the next stop. I am saddened to see that some of southwests employees customer represenation is so bad now as it used to be pretty good. I am a frequent flyer and I was taken back on how rude the service lady was and of how little help they were able to offer. I do understand it's a big airline but common sense would tell you that if you catch it early you have a better chance of recovering the item. They refused to help or call anyone and told me to fill out a claim ticket online which I did. I will attach a pic of the jacket in question in case by some miracle it is able to be recovered but I am sure by now it will never be because of the baggage people dropping the ball.Jacket Picture.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Jacket and house Keys lost on Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@joebond008 wrote:

I know it's a shot in the dark but I am trying to Recover my mom's coat. She traveled on Nov 15th on Flight 398 from Midway to Orlando arriving at 7:10PM She has limited mobility and travels with a wheel chair. The Flight attendant never grabbed her jacket from the top bin as she was led off the plane, but I am desperately trying to recover the jacket as it has her home keys in it and attached was her library card as well to the keys which should have been easy to track. I went back to the Orlando airport and the customer service and manager were of little help and were reluctant to call over at the gate to see if anything was recovered or follow up with the planes next destination to see if they would be able to recover the item at the next stop. I am saddened to see that some of southwests employees customer represenation is so bad now as it used to be pretty good. I am a frequent flyer and I was taken back on how rude the service lady was and of how little help they were able to offer. I do understand it's a big airline but common sense would tell you that if you catch it early you have a better chance of recovering the item. They refused to help or call anyone and told me to fill out a claim ticket online which I did. I will attach a pic of the jacket in question in case by some miracle it is able to be recovered but I am sure by now it will never be because of the baggage people dropping the ball.Jacket Picture.jpg

If you have that library card info handy, include it in your claim form. I posted a contact number for Aero Services who is thte lost and found contractor. Unfortunately the items may not remain in Orlando very long as the service collects these and inventories them. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

joebond008
Explorer C

I did include that in the description online. Still no response. Thanks for your follow up. If you are able to track it down it would be for the Villa Park Library in Illinois.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

If I may suggest, maybe also share the flight number/destination and coat type on social media. Maybe the employee who found out is actually out there looking for you!

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger