Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Keep this in mind if flying into SFO

avb26
Explorer C

Pay attention to these dates if flying into SFO.

SWA airlines  obviously does not paty attention. My family is out $1000k because of this.

http://www.flysfo.com/media/press-releases/sfo-outlines-plans-rehabilitate-runway-28l

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Keep this in mind if flying into SFO

iflyswa2
Explorer C

I have flown SWA for years, and even in the worst situations (weather cancellations, etc) the personnel at SWA have been very helpful and accomodating.  I find that when you are nice and professional, they will be too, but when you act like an idiot (not saying you did), they tend to not try as hard to accomodate you.

avb26
Explorer C

I can see why you would say that but I certainly did not "act like an idiot". I held off social media for a week trying to resolve this and was incredibly angry when I arrived here.  I am a professional, well versed in travel, which I believe is the reason this is so appalling to me. I have never experienced anything like this. Particularly from a company known for customer service.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I know this isn't much comfort to the OP, but it's probably a good idea to avoid SFO for a while. I generally prefer OAK, even without the SFO runway work, because SFO also often has delays due to fog.