Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

Jgom86
Explorer C

If I book a flight with a LUV voucher and then decide to cancel the flight. How is the voucher refunded? Would it be reissued as a travel credit?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: LUV Voucher

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi,

I believe it would be a credit connected to the canceled reservation # for future use,  and the expiration date would be the date on the voucher.  Also see below.

Southwest LUV Vouchers Terms and Conditions:

Southwest LUV Vouchers and air fare paid with Southwest LUV Vouchers are subject to the applicable incorporated terms, Contract of Carriage, and rules and regulations of Southwest Airlines.

Southwest LUV Vouchers are valid as a form of payment toward future air fare only on Southwest Airlines through Southwest.com, toll-free Reservations 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792), or at any Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter.

Southwest LUV Vouchers must be redeemed and all travel completed by the expiration date indicated. If applied in conjunction with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all payments applies. Validity of Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be extended and any unused value will be forfeited upon expiration.

Southwest LUV Vouchers are not redeemable as payment toward Government-imposed segment fees, Passenger Facility Charges, or September 11th Security Fees or as payment toward miscellaneous charges, Southwest Airlines Group tickets, Southwest Airlines Vacations packages, or travel either wholly or in part on other air carriers.

Southwest LUV Vouchers and travel issued in exchange for Southwest LUV Vouchers have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash or other monetary consideration. Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.

To redeem a Southwest LUV Voucher, purchaser must have a Southwest LUV Voucher number and associated security code. If a balance remains after redemption, please retain this Southwest LUV Voucher number and security code for future use.

Southwest LUV Vouchers are VOID if sold, altered, purchased, brokered, and/or bartered.

gil
Explorer C

I have a Luv voucher that expres March 2017. Can I book a flight for April 2017 or does all travel have to be done by march.

franktravel
Aviator B

March!

swimmy529
Explorer C

Received an LUV Voucher yesterday for our family.  Do these have to be used by the person on the voucher, so in my case me, my husband and 2 kids or can it be used for just me and my husband on a future flight?  Bascially is it transferrable.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @swimmy529,

Southwest LUV Vouchers are fully transferrable, so you can use that voucher however you like!

cemazzon
Explorer C

This year I received two LUV vouchers to use for future flights. I have yet to use either of them however I must have deleted one in my email. Is there any way for a Southwest representative to confirm that the lost voucher exists through my name or my account number? I don't see a space for LUV vouchers on my account. 

ashley123555
Explorer C

Hey 

Were you able to use it? I lost mine in an email. I dont know what happened to it .

CarolAJ
Explorer C

I just read where LUV Vouchers are fully transferable.  So earlier today, I booked several reservations for myself, coworkers going on a business trip in June.  2 spouses are also going, on both, they had LUV vouchers in their name to use.  I still have 2 vouchers in other names, is it too late to apply those vouchers to their cost of ticket?  These LUV vouchers expire in July, so we'd like to use them on this trip if possible.

Thank you,

Carol J

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You can cancel within 24 hours of booking and receive a complete refund. Then rebook and apply the vouchers to the new reservations.