Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

lgephardt
Explorer C

I received a LUV voucher that expires in May. I will be unable to use this to fly prior to its expiration date. Am I able to reserve a flight using the LUV voucher, then cancel that flight, and the balance will be transferred into travel funds to be used whenever? Or will it revert back to a LUV voucher and/or still expire in May?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: LUV Voucher

bec102896
Aviator A

If you were to book a flight with the voucher your flight would take the expiration date of the voucher. The best thing to do is see if someone else in your family or a friend needs to fly before the expiration date and give it to them or you can wait until it expires and reach out to customer relations and they might be able to re issue for a fee which I have heard from some saying is $100 so if you have a $200 voucher they may be able to issue you a voucher for $100 and you would have 6 months to use that voucher but that is not guaranteed and I hear is on a case by case basis. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @bec102896,

I thought LUV vouchers had to be used by the passenger listed in the voucher?

ILV2fly

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Vouchers can be used by anyone, travel funds are limited to a specific passenger.

Vouchers are what Southwest issues to customers as compensation for a delay or getting bumped. Travel funds are refunds for canceled or repriced flights.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

bec102896
Aviator A

@ILV2fly to add to what the @TheMiddleSeat said once you use a voucher on a person (yourself or a friend) those funds are then a travel fund and non transferable they will stay with that person. 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

And: Travel funds may be reissued (as a voucher) for a fee. That policy does not apply to vouchers. Customer Relations may reissue a voucher, depending on why and when it was issued, and there is no fee but this is rare. In general, vouchers cannot be reissued.