Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Left laptop on plane

cliffbray
Explorer C

My daughter left her laptop in the seat pocket on her flight from New York to Tampa on 14 July (Flight 6556). How should she go about finding out if it was turned into Southwest Lost and Found?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Left laptop on plane

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Info about lost and found and filing a claim can be found here: https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/lost_and_found_faq.html

Re: Left laptop on plane

PaulaK
Explorer C

COMPETENT, CHEERFUL, HELPFUL ATTITUDE TYPICAL WITH SOUTHWEST EMPLOYEES MISSING IN COSTA RICA...SO FARI write from Costa Rica, one of my favorite vacation spots. My friends and I are ecstatic that Southwest now flies into Liberia. However, the Southwest crew at that airport do not have the same helpful, cheerful, competent demeanor to which we've grown accustomed. I left my laptop on the plane, which flew from Houston to Liberia. About an hour later, I discovered my error and immediately connected with a man with a Southwest uniform. He says that he called security and that nothing was found on the plane. However, he also told me that the Southwest office was closed. I spent about 45 minutes talking to the police, to security, and using my "Find My Mac" service from my Iphone. My lost Mac was "offline," meaning that my locator could not detect it. 

I met another Southwest agent, a woman, almost 4pm. She told me that the office was still open. I was furious that the Southwest agent man had misinformed me! 

Since my MacBook Air is very small, I thought perhaps it was still on the plane. Unfortunately, because this Southwest air representative was so unhelpful, the plane left before we could get any information to the gate. Thus I called Houston, since the same plane was going back to Hobby. 

That Southwest agent, Chia, was most understanding and helpful! She told me that the plane was due to land in about 30 minutes and that she would send a messge for the crew to look for the laptop. Her demeanor exemplifies the typical Southwest agent: helpful, understanding, and reassuring. I was completely confident that she'd do anything to help. Unfortunately, they found no laptop. 

Thus I kept calling Southwest's local desk in Liberia. No answer. Ever. 

I was told that Southwest uses Swissport as a cleaning service. I called them. No report of a laptop. 

I did connect with a very helpful woman who works for the airport, Suellen. However, if Southwest does not cooperate with her she cannot do much except help with a police report.

I would like to see a much more detailed account of the process that a cleaning service such as Swissport uses to report items left on planes. 

I'd also like for Southwest to have offices that answer phones or at least a message that states please call back during the hours of XXX. The Southwest office in Liberia doesn't even allow a caller to leave a message.

I am confident that the Southwest employees in Costa Rica will soon get the "cheerful" bug after observing more of the experienced Southwest employees in USA. I will definitely use Southwest again but I wanted to let them know that there is some work to be done in Costa Rica. Thank you.