Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Locating Unused Travel Funds

flb01
Explorer C

How can you determine if you have unused travel funds if you don't have your record locator.  I cannot find that info in my SWA account.

71 REPLIES 71

Re: Locating Unused Travel Funds

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

What you need are the old conformation numbers.    There are a few ways.  Go to your email account and in your search box search put "Southwest Airlines"  all of your conformations will come up and it should be easy find your canceled flights. 

Another way to find your old conformations is to log into your and click on recent activity then click on view all.  All you will be looking for is the conformation numbers.

Now from the Southwest home page click on Flight/Hotel/Car then click on Manage Reservation then click on View Travel Funds. 

Or https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

erbain
Explorer B

I have recently had this issue too. Good suggestion to go through old email with a search. 

Before the new GUI debuted on the Southwest page, I used to be able to see a list of all of my booked trips. That was a much easier way for me to find unused funds, especially since I ocassionally go on an email-inbox clearing spree and may delete emails from Southwest inadvertently.

Since the option to view all past bookings used to exist, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to bring it back. I don't even need pretty graphics--just the date and cities (and the trip name, if I gave it one). I actually liked this view much better than the current system, which seems to only let me see the next 2-3 scheduled trips.

Thanks for listening.

franktravel
Aviator B

YHi 

You still can view your past flights.  log into your account and and on the left hand side you will see where it says "my trips"  just under that it says "past"  Click on that and you can view all past flights. 

quidnunc
Explorer A

Having to plow through old emails in search of confirmation numbers in order to find unused travel funds is time-consuming,  frustrating and glaringly at odds with SWA's touted 'transfarency' policy and customary fair treatment of customers that sets it apart from other U.S. air carriers.  IN SHORT, IT IS NOTHING SHORT OF MADDENING!!!!!  

Pul-leez, Southwest execs:  Do all your loyal fliers who mostly love SWA a favor and change your inefficient and off-putting travel-funds-retrieval system to one that's customer-friendly, and we will love you COMPLETELY!

pegjust
Explorer B

I second this. Very maddening indeed!

Explorer C

I agree with this...I love everything about Southwest. This is the only thing that gets in the way of a five-star rating. I almost always fly Delta or Southwest, but because my plans for work/personal travel frequently change, I REALLY appreciate Delta's wallet feature. All unused vouchers, travel funds, etc...are saved under the wallet in your profile and it is wonderful not to have to wonder if there are unused funds floating out there. There are already things I like more about Southwest than any other airline and if you could do something like this in the near future, it would really take the airline to a new level!

Locating Unused Travel Funds

JZabel
Explorer C

Alaska Airlines also uses a wallet to hold all your travel funds from cancelled flights and makes it so simple to use your funds without having to “hunt” for them. Would be a great feature for SWA to add!!

AEC
Explorer C

I can't agree more!  Everything else about Southwest is so customer friendly except for this -- it's almost as if Southwest wants you to forget about these credits.  Do the honest thing and make it easy.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@poorna622,

While we don't currently offer a feature that shows a Customer's available funds, there are some good suggestions in this thread for ways Customers can manage/keep track of their available credits. I'm sorry it's a source of frustration, but the benefit of the Southwest Community is that you've got a whole group of experienced travelers here who can offer advice. That said - if there ever are any updates to report on this topic, I will definitely post about them on the Community!