Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost and Found

Alex661
Explorer C

On December 25, 2018, I flew into LAX from Dallas.  When I got home, I remember leaving an electronic device on the plane. I submitted a claim and called Lost and Found. I left several messages and I didn't get a singe call back.  I kept calling the next day and still no call back. When I finally got a live operator, I did't get much help. I was told to call the Phoenix and the Salt Lake City lost and found. Once again, I left messages and no call backs.  After two days of calling, I did speak a live operator and was told they only hold items for 24 hours. 

There has to be a better way to track a lost item.  My device is still missing and I have not received a single email or phone call to give me an update.  

What are my options?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost and Found

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about the lost iPad. If Southwest recovered it or a passenger turned it in instead of claiming it as a Christmas present it can take several days to work its way through the lost and found system so don't give up hope yet. It sounds like you've done everything you need to do, now it's time to wait and hope for the best.

Good luck, 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Lost and Found

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Alex661 wrote:

On December 25, 2018, I flew into LAX from Dallas.  When I got home, I remember leaving an electronic device on the plane. I submitted a claim and called Lost and Found. I left several messages and I didn't get a singe call back.  I kept calling the next day and still no call back. When I finally got a live operator, I did't get much help. I was told to call the Phoenix and the Salt Lake City lost and found. Once again, I left messages and no call backs.  After two days of calling, I did speak a live operator and was told they only hold items for 24 hours. 

There has to be a better way to track a lost item.  My device is still missing and I have not received a single email or phone call to give me an update.  

What are my options?

Hi. Sorry to hear that you left the item on the plane.

You need to remember that Southwest deals with tens of thousands of lost items every year. There is no way the airline has the capability of responding to tens of thousands of phone calls about those items.

I'm sure the process is something like this: Southwest enters found itmes in a database. Southwest enter lost items reported in a data base. Then there's an attempt to match items that are in both databases.

The best you can do is insure you have completely described your lost item to Southwest (including serial number), and then wait for the process to eveolve.