Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

kat67
New Arrival

I've done the email search, located the credit card statement that I purchased the ticket on but no confirmation number on that either.  I have a transaction numberbut nothing with a confrmation number.  It's interesting that every other thing is connected to my RR account exept the info on cancelled flights.  Are there any options to retrieve my unused funds?  I seem to remember a time when you could locate this info on your account.   Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

bec102896
Rising Star
Solution

You could try calling reservations and they should be able to look up your canceled flight confirmation number if you provide them with your credit card number on the phone feel free to call them at 1800-435-9792 and if they can't help you or are unable to find it I would call customer relations at 855-234-4654 and they will be able to help you!

 

hope this helps

Blake 

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

I also suggest calling, which has worked for me in the past.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

kat67
New Arrival

I had luck this morning calling 800-435-9792 with my CC#!!  My rep Rhonda was efficient and very helpful.  After reading through the forum last night I was worried but it all worked out!  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@kat67

 

Thanks for posting an update! So glad to hear you got the info you needed and had a pleasant Customer Service experience!

 

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

sdethomas
New Arrival

Lindsey,


What is SWA doing to make this easier?  If someone travels a bunch, it is extremely challenging to monitor Confirmation Numbers...are there any improvements in the works? It's mentioned above, everyone has their RR number and personal data, why the requirement for a confirmation number?

 

 I sure hope SWA isn't one of those companies relying on folks to lose their credits due making it difficult to find.  That is an old tactic from the gift card industry...

 

Thanks

Scott

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

spurkapile
New Arrival

One other way to look your confirmation code up even on cancelled flights.  Not sure why the SWA person didn't suggest rather than just thank the one person that suggested calling.

 

Go to My Account and then to Recent Activity.  It will show all acitivity including cancelled flights, refunded miles, etc. along with your confirmation code.  Ironically, it does NOT show travel fund credits.

 

I agree that SWA does not make this particular process easy.  There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in.  This is clearly a business decision hoping that a certain amount of travle funds will lapse.  If they can show that much detail on my "recent activity", they can list all the travel funds available.  I have been an A List Preferred customer as well as achieving Companion fare status for four years straight and that doesn't feel like the SWA philosophy that I get with everything else.

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

dfwskier
Rising Star

@spurkapile wrote:

One other way to look your confirmation code up even on cancelled flights.  Not sure why the SWA person didn't suggest rather than just thank the one person that suggested calling.

 

Go to My Account and then to Recent Activity.  It will show all acitivity including cancelled flights, refunded miles, etc. along with your confirmation code.  Ironically, it does NOT show travel fund credits.

 

I agree that SWA does not make this particular process easy.  There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in.  This is clearly a business decision hoping that a certain amount of travle funds will lapse.  If they can show that much detail on my "recent activity", they can list all the travel funds available.  I have been an A List Preferred customer as well as achieving Companion fare status for four years straight and that doesn't feel like the SWA philosophy that I get with everything else.


Hello.

 

I think that almost everyone would like to see Southwest have a place where travelers xould find all of their available travel funds.

 

When you say "There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in"  there actually may be a reason. We have no idea how complicated it may be to buid a computer interface to capture all credits, a database to store them, and then revise the My Account webpage to provide access, As others have said, Southwest probably does not have the best IT department.

 

I really don't think the company is intentionally encouraging the loss of travel funds, but I do not know that for a fact. IMO Southwest is an honarable company, and encouraging the loss of travel funds is not something an honorable company would do.

 

Until the company provides the feature you seek, we should be responsible for our own actions, and simply save information we get from the company about unused travel funds. It really is that simple.

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@dfwskier wrote:

@spurkapile wrote:

One other way to look your confirmation code up even on cancelled flights.  Not sure why the SWA person didn't suggest rather than just thank the one person that suggested calling.

 

Go to My Account and then to Recent Activity.  It will show all acitivity including cancelled flights, refunded miles, etc. along with your confirmation code.  Ironically, it does NOT show travel fund credits.

 

I agree that SWA does not make this particular process easy.  There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in.  This is clearly a business decision hoping that a certain amount of travle funds will lapse.  If they can show that much detail on my "recent activity", they can list all the travel funds available.  I have been an A List Preferred customer as well as achieving Companion fare status for four years straight and that doesn't feel like the SWA philosophy that I get with everything else.


Hello.

 

I think that almost everyone would like to see Southwest have a place where travelers xould find all of their available travel funds.

 

When you say "There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in"  there actually may be a reason. We have no idea how complicated it may be to buid a computer interface to capture all credits, a database to store them, and then revise the My Account webpage to provide access, As others have said, Southwest probably does not have the best IT department.

 

I really don't think the company is intentionally encouraging the loss of travel funds, but I do not know that for a fact. IMO Southwest is an honarable company, and encouraging the loss of travel funds is not something an honorable company would do.

 

Until the company provides the feature you seek, we should be responsible for our own actions, and simply save information we get from the company about unused travel funds. It really is that simple.


 

Sorry, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

 

Having been a Southwest customer for 20+ years now, I've seen Southwest slowly make it harder and harder to track travel funds. It's very unlikely that this is a systems limitation, since this info was previously available -- and especially after they converted to the new booking system which promised to offer more features for customers.

 

They have actively removed travel funds confirmation codes that they used to provide from flight change emails; when you apply funds the webpage no longer lets you know if there's any residual funds left; My Account>Recent Activity used to show remaining travel funds; and they have made it harder to have reps look up funds if a customer calls.

 

The bottom line is very much the number one priority these days, so it's clear what the reasoning is regarding these incremental changes.

 

Is this "honorable"? That's a difficult question. Perhaps Southwest sees it as honorable to continue to allow use of funds without a change fee, and therefore tracking those funds should be up to the customer. That's a valid position.

 

But when you consider that each little step they take makes it harder to do so, what is "honorable" becomes fuzzy.

 

Was it "honorable" to limit the use of travel funds to only the original passenger, as they did in 2011?

 

In a larger context: Was it "honorable" to unilaterally expire all drink coupons that were issued without an expiration date? Or to make "fully-refundable" fares non-refundable after any itinerary change? To advertise that Rapid Reward points "Don't expire," when in fact they can, and do? 

 

Ultimately, these are just business decisions.

 

That's not to suggest that Southwest is acting dishonorably -- just that perhaps they're not quite the customer-forward company they were several years ago. That these days, profit motives sometimes outweigh the "right thing to do."

 

I do believe that they try to be as ethical as possible. For example, after the huge IT crash that shut down their entire system in 2016, I was pleasantly surprised to see them go against policy and reimburse for travel expenses incurred by stranded passengers. And it's rumored that some of the items I mentioned earlier (non-refundablility of refundable fares, in particular) are being reconsidered. And, IMHO, compared to most other carriers, Southwest is still far above in most areas. Even after all the little cuts and restrictions and devaluations.

 

One hopes that over time that will continue to be true. I suspect so. But I do think that, just like how they're no longer the company they were 10 years ago, in another decade they won't be the company they are today. It's inevitable.

 

 

 

Re: Lost my confirmation number for travel funds

rgabriel99
New Arrival

@dfwskier wrote:

@spurkapile wrote:

One other way to look your confirmation code up even on cancelled flights.  Not sure why the SWA person didn't suggest rather than just thank the one person that suggested calling.

 

Go to My Account and then to Recent Activity.  It will show all acitivity including cancelled flights, refunded miles, etc. along with your confirmation code.  Ironically, it does NOT show travel fund credits.

 

I agree that SWA does not make this particular process easy.  There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in.  This is clearly a business decision hoping that a certain amount of travle funds will lapse.  If they can show that much detail on my "recent activity", they can list all the travel funds available.  I have been an A List Preferred customer as well as achieving Companion fare status for four years straight and that doesn't feel like the SWA philosophy that I get with everything else.


Hello.

 

I think that almost everyone would like to see Southwest have a place where travelers xould find all of their available travel funds.

 

When you say "There is no reason you should not automatically see all your travel fund credits on My Account when you log in"  there actually may be a reason. We have no idea how complicated it may be to buid a computer interface to capture all credits, a database to store them, and then revise the My Account webpage to provide access, As others have said, Southwest probably does not have the best IT department.

 

I really don't think the company is intentionally encouraging the loss of travel funds, but I do not know that for a fact. IMO Southwest is an honarable company, and encouraging the loss of travel funds is not something an honorable company would do.

 

Until the company provides the feature you seek, we should be responsible for our own actions, and simply save information we get from the company about unused travel funds. It really is that simple.


You can't be serious.  This would be an extremely easy thing for them to do.  I'm sorry for being a jerk, but don't be naive.  They don't want you to find your credits.  It really is that simple.

 

But you are right, we should be responsible because Southwest Airlines wants to screw us out of our credits so it's up to us to ensure they don't do so.