Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost wallet

Gdthompson99
Explorer C

I left my wallet on flight 1506 today from Phoenix to Louisville.  After I deplaned, the flight continued on to Baltimore.  Do they search the plane between flights?  Or do they only search once it reaches its final destination?

I filed a lost item report over the phone, but apparently the rep took down my last name incorrectly because when I went to check the status, it said my last name and report number (from the email I received) was not a correct combination.  How do I get this corrected?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost wallet

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

So sorry this happened.  Between flights, the attendants zip down the rows, picking up obvious trash, but unless the wallet just happened to be on the seat in plain view, they might have missed it.  Or worse, someone else may have picked it up as they were exiting or on the next flight.  I hope it found its way home to you, but there are many things that may have prevented that.

You could call customer service to get the corrected info input or start fresh by entering the request online at Link to report lost & found for SWA.

DW11
Explorer C

I just had the same issue!  Thinking the protocol of SWA needs adjusting.  A wallet isn't baggage, neither is a purse.  Perhaps there needs to be "tweeking" of the said protocol of filling out the lost & found and having someone actually make the phone call to the SWA kiosk to at least see if they could offer customer service and run interference.  super disappointing!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Fiding lost itmes is a time consuming process due to the sheer volume involved. If just t 1 in 1000 peole loses something, Southwest will need to seach for about 16,000 missing items ths year.

Although I don't know the exact process Southwest uses I'm pretty sure it goes something like this:

1) The's a lost items database

2) Items reported as lost are entered in the database

3) Found itmes are entered in the database.

4) Southwest attempts to match lost and found items listed in the database. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Gdthompson99 wrote:

I left my wallet on flight 1506 today from Phoenix to Louisville.  After I deplaned, the flight continued on to Baltimore.  Do they search the plane between flights?  Or do they only search once it reaches its final destination?

I filed a lost item report over the phone, but apparently the rep took down my last name incorrectly because when I went to check the status, it said my last name and report number (from the email I received) was not a correct combination.  How do I get this corrected?

I'm not sure if it may make sense to make a new report, although the old report could end up matching the item I don't know what would happen if two reports matched a recovered item. Eventually you'd want to get the old one corrected I guess, or retracted.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.