Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mistakenly cancelled flight

jn4604
Explorer B

I mistakenly cancelled my flight on Sunday. Is there a way for me to recover the reservation? I spoke to customer service 2 minutes after it happened but they said nothing could be done. They said I can book at the current rate which is almost 5 times the price.  

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Mistakenly cancelled flight

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am not aware of a way to rebook at the original price. I was going to advise calling SW directly, but it sounds like they can’t rebook. 

As a final attempt, maybe check with the Twitter team, but I feel rather strongly that they won’t be able to rebook either. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have to agree with elijah. Try the twitter team.

I suspect that any person (or comuter) can only book fares that are shown in the reservations system. If your fare is not there, I suspect the reservations people's hands are tied. 

Your situation will make me consider the question the computer asks after my first attempt to cancel happens:  "are yur sure?" more careflly in the future.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

As others have said I don't think they will be able to undo the cancellation but I would try contacting by twitter as suggested or call customer relations at 855-234-4654 which is different than the regular reservations team and they might be able to help

in the future be sure to look a 2nd or 3rd time so you don't run in to this situation again as it can definitely be costly. 

Hope it works out! 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jn4604 wrote:

I mistakenly cancelled my flight on Sunday. Is there a way for me to recover the reservation? I spoke to customer service 2 minutes after it happened but they said nothing could be done. They said I can book at the current rate which is almost 5 times the price.  

At least remember to use your travel funds if you do have to re-book at full price. Hopefully you can either re-book, or find an alternate time that day at a lower cost.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I personally have never cancelled a flight with SWA, but do have a quick question- How did this happen?  Was there a pop up confirming your request? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I don’t remember the exact screens at the moment, but it is super intuitive. You can start from your RR account, or you can start by searching with the reservation #. 

You choose to cancel or change one way or the whole trip, and you can select what to do with the travel funds based on the fare. 

There are multiple steps to ensure you don’t just make a one-click mistake. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

jn4604
Explorer B

Thanks everyone for the help.  I have 3 reservations going to the same city and picked the wrong one to cancel. Gotta be more careful next time.  

jn4604
Explorer B

Update.  I spoke to customer relations this morning and they were able to rebook me for the same rate.  It was my fault so I didn't expect much but they were extremely nice and accommodating. Again, thanks everyone for helping. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jn4604 wrote:

Update.  I spoke to customer relations this morning and they were able to rebook me for the same rate.  It was my fault so I didn't expect much but they were extremely nice and accommodating. Again, thanks everyone for helping. 

Glad to hear it. As much as I love Southwest, I wasn't actually optimistic on this one! This sounds great that they were able to accomodate you.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.