Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-Destination booking online

nc3man
Explorer C

Why is it only possible to define a trip online as either one-way or round trip? Other airline online booking allows multiple destinations on a single trip. For example, I recently booked a trip SAN -> MSP -> BDL -> SAN. The only way to do it online was to book two trips: (1) SAN -> MSP -> BDL; (2) BDL -> SAN. This is not an issue with price, but of convenience and keeping everything in one place, not wanting two confirmation numbers, etc. and having to set up Companion passes twice. I was able to call Customer Service and easily book the multi-destination trip with Companion pass as a single trip. We should be able to also do it online.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Multi-Destination booking online

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Not sure this will help you but! 

Try this.  Go to the Southwest Airlines home page click on Flight/Hotel/Car, then click on book a flight.  Where you see "From & To" under that you will see + Add another flight.

mlanham
Explorer C

That doesn't work go do a true open Jaw or multi city booking - sorry. 

dpantaleo
Explorer C

Multi city booking does not work! 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@dpantaleo wrote:

@dpantaleo wrote:

This is somewhat weird. Most times I cannot get the  multi city to appear, but occasionally I can.

This is the webpage that works for me. Hopefully it will work for you.

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/?redirectToVision=true&clk=GNAV-FLIGHT%2F%3Fsrc%3DPREMSCCMAIN0...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

The link worked for me, but only in the same way that the usual RT functionality lets you book a different destination at the end.

I haven't had a need for this myself, If I'm stringing multiple cities together they are usually separate reimbursements and I would be choosing to make them all one-ways regardless.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

The link worked for me, but only in the same way that the usual RT functionality lets you book a different destination at the end.

I haven't had a need for this myself, If I'm stringing multiple cities together they are usually separate reimbursements and I would be choosing to make them all one-ways regardless.

You are right, David. Southwest would need to allow a 4 city option for the multi city option to be truly functional: A to B to C to A. It doesn't seem to do that. Absent that functionality, it still requires the purchase of two tickets: one to go from A to B to C, and a second ticket to go from C to A.

Tht being said, the multi city option does allow one to go from A to B to C  and back to A  with two tickets instead of three.

galdrich
Explorer C

Over four years since the original post and over two years past the last post on this thread and Southwest still can only handle A to B to C. Not sure why it's so hard for Southwest to provide A to B to C to A booking online when all major airlines have had this capability for years.

It is quite frustrating.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect that with COVID causing the airline to lose something like $17 million/day - with no real light at the end of the tunnel, that the airline (all airlines for that matter) is focusing on something far more important - survival. 

tjfromtx
Explorer C

This says this question is "solved."  I guess that is true if you count saying "You can't do that" as solved.  I have tried everything on the Southwest website and even spoken with multiple phone reps.  Unless I'm really missing something, you can't book A-->B and C-->A on one itinerary.