Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple City Depature on round trips

Steph-Crawley
Explorer C

Hello -

I'm trying to book a round trip flight from DIA to Albany, NY....but need to depart JFK to get back to DIA - all round trip. Can this be done on Southwest? All other sites allow me to choose multiple cities, and have destination 1 and desitination 2, allowing multiple departure cities. I am finding it difficult to complete this on Southwest. 

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Multiple City Depature on round trips

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Steph-Crawley wrote:

Hello -

I'm trying to book a round trip flight from DIA to Albany, NY....but need to depart JFK to get back to DIA - all round trip. Can this be done on Southwest? All other sites allow me to choose multiple cities, and have destination 1 and desitination 2, allowing multiple departure cities. I am finding it difficult to complete this on Southwest. 

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Are you saying you want to

1) Fly from Denver to Albany

2) somehow get yourself to New York

3) Fly from JFK to Denver

I ask because DIA is not a valid airport code.

The  problem for you is #3 above, since Southwest does not fly to/from JFK

If you decide from fly out of LaGuardia or Newark, your options are to book several one way flights,

or see if Southwest's multi city booking page works for you. Unlike some airlines, Southwest doesn't charge more for two one way flights than for the same flights booked as a roundtrip. 

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/?redirectToVision=true&int=HOME-BOOKING-WIDGET-ADVANCED-AIR&le...

Re: Multiple City Depature on round trips

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Steph-Crawley wrote:

Hello -

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

I believe that you can call to have this type of reservation constructed all on one confirmation  number - as @dfwskier mentioned you'd be limited to either LGA or EWR as opposed to JFK which Southwest doesn't serve.

I'm not aware of an online method for self-service to book that trip on one confirmation number.

But that said, myself and several others on the community would normally book these as separate one-way flights anyway. There is no cost impact, and there are some benefits in management of the flights online, the main downside is that you'll keep track of two separate confirmation numbers. In the age of the app and smart phone, it's not a big deal now to have separate confirmation numbers. (But if you decided to cancel one leg it's much easier as one-way tickets...for instance if you start out thinking of flying LGA, then decide to take the other guys from JFK due to your trip's location.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.